@davepryor72 - the latest on Instagram

Friday, December 12, 2014

Gallery 1988 - Crazy 4 Cult 8

Crazy 4 Cult is back on at Gallery 1988 West in LA. My new piece for the show is inspired by "The Dark Crystal" - with the Skeksis and the Mystics hugging out their differences. The movie was one of my favorites as a kid - I always lamented that they didn't have any toys of these characters when the movie came out. I had to make my own out of cardboard!

The show starts TODAY! December 12th, and will be going until December 28. Be sure to check out the awesome work by all the artists on their site!



"Let Bygones Be Bygones"
10"x10" Acrylic on Birch Board


Some WIP on the painting - my reference next to the board itself.



...and the final painting compared to the original concept sketch. These basic colors really changed once I started mixing the palette. Warmer purples won out - and the background swirls became a red/gold tone as I wanted them to be reflective, but not demand too much attention. 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: